Re: Package pool information?

On Mon, Dec 04, 2000 at 05:12:51PM -0500, Paul D. Smith wrote:
> I'm really interested in the package pools implementation that's going
> on now.
>
> Which list(s) are the best to subscribe to/and/or read archives of if I
> want to keep up-to-date with this new feature (issues, decisions,
> announcements, etc.)?

debian-devel-announce@lists.debian.org gets all the announcements,
debian-devel@lists.debian.org gets most of the discussion. As you may
well have picked up by now.

There's a FAQ at http://people.debian.org/~joeyh/poolfaq which might
answer some questions. It's intended for a developer audience more than
a user audience, but Debian users are meant to be the cream of the crop,
so maybe that's not a problem.

You can probably already guess a fair bit about how the package pool
works just by poking around in /debian/pool and /debian/dists/sid on
ftp.debian.org (or your favourite mirror), and looking through some
Packages files, to see what they say.

FWIW, HTH, etc.

Cheers,
aj