Re: Mutt/exim - multiple email addresses

On Sun, Dec 17, 2000 at 12:57:35PM +0000, Terry Boon wrote:
> It's fairly straightforward in mutt, by editing the configuration file
> muttrc or using keyboard commands.  Here are 4 ways to do it.
>
> 1) Include the line "set edit_headers" in your muttrc.
>
> With this set, you can edit the message headers along with the main
> message body.  If you want a custom "From: " line, you can add this in
> along with the other headers.
>
> 2) From the "send mail" menu, press E to edit the message along with
> headers, and add the "From" line of your choice.
>
> 3) From the "send mail" menu, press ESC-f to directly edit the "From"
> line.
>
> 4) Use the "from" variable, or the "my_hdr" command to specify the
> "From" line of your choice.
>
> Use of these variables or commands can be automated using "hooks", so
> that under specified conditions (eg being in a particular folder), a
> predefined From address is used -- or (I think this is possible) by
> binding a command like
>
>   set from="alternative-address@example.com"
>
> to a single key.

looks like you'd be right the person to write up a quickie
"ten-most-useful-things-you-can-do-with-mutt" over at
www.eGroups/files/newbieDoc. would you mind?

--

will@serensoft.com    ***    http://www.dontUthink.com/

document your Debian experience to prevent next week's newbies
from going apoplectic -- http://www.eGroups.com/messages/newbieDoc