Re: Using apt-get upgrade-Any way to get list first? Solved!

On Fri, Dec 15, 2000 at 06:44:47PM +0200, Tommi Komulainen wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 14, 2000 at 04:54:20PM -0500, Mullins, Ron wrote:
> >
> > If you use APT, you can 'apt-get upgrade -u' which will show you the
> > packages to be upgraded. You can then say no to continuing and put on hold
> > anything that you don't want coming down the pipe.
>
> You can achieve the same by adding the following line in
> /etc/apt/apt.conf, with the exception that you will never again need to
> manually add the -u on the command line:
>
> APT::Get::Show-Upgraded "yes";

cool!

hey, wanna rub your eyeballs over my apt-get intro? i bet
you can find something misleading or off-kilter there...

	http://eGroups.com/files/newbieDoc/apt-get-intro.html

i'd appreciate it if you would -- and if you'd change anything,
lemme know.

--
There are only two places in the world where time takes
precedence over the job to be done.  School and prison.

will@serensoft.com    ***    http://www.dontUthink.com/

volunteer to document your experience for next week's
newbies -- http://www.eGroups.com/messages/newbieDoc