Re: debian 2.2 + kernel 2.2.18 + USB

On Sun, 17 Dec 2000, Davi Leal wrote:

> I have debian 2.2 installed on my host. I have downloaded the
> kernel.2.2.18.tar.gz and I have compiled it with USB support so as to use my
> USB modem on Linux. But the '/sbin/hotplug' does not appear. Maybe, is there
> a .deb file which I could download and install directly which keeps all  the
> scripts and tools what I need to set up USB support on my host?.

Davi and others:

I'm interested in the 250 MB ZIP USB that I acquired and use under
Windows, but want to access it under Linux. I know about
adding USB support to the kernel, but else must I do?

Would someone point me to the right place to find how make this
device work with Potato. RTFM is ok, if the right manual and
where to find the manual are given.

--David
David Teague, dbt@cs.wcu.edu
Debian GNU/Linux Because software support is free, timely,
                 useful, technically accurate, and friendly.
                 (I hope this is all of the above.)