Re: Help with bug-reporting

Jeronimo Pellegrini <pellegrini@mpcnet.com.br> wrote:
>If I file  bug with the wrong severity, is it possible for me to
>change it, or should I wait for the mantainer to do that?

Yes, send a message to control@bugs.debian.org with something like
'severity 99999 wishlist', or whatever the bug number and new severity
are, as the message body (*not* the subject).

Please do fix up severities yourself, as maintainers of large packages
in particular often have too much to do to spend time categorizing bugs.
It's much easier for them if it's all just there.

>Is this documented somewhere?

Yep - http://bugs.debian.org/, or /usr/doc/debian/bug-* if you've
installed the doc-debian package.