RE: modprobe module problem (char-major-10-135)

Jason Holland <jphollan@earthlink.net> said:

> Pete,
>   I'm not sure about that.  I always edit it by hand, just because I've
> become comfortable doing that.  if there is another way, or official way of
> making changes to this file, I'd like to hear about it.  Anyone??

If you're still confused after digging through man update-modules (which I was
still a /bit/ nervous), the long and the short of it is that any changes you
*would* make to /etc/modules.conf *should* be added to /etc/modutils/local (a
regular file).  I keep a copy of modules.conf from a SuSE 7.0 box handy for
referece :).

--
-=|JP|=-
Jon Pennington        | Atipa Linux Solutions