Re: New woody upgrade problems

On Sat, Dec 16, 2000 at 11:42:25PM -0500, Casey Henderson wrote:
> Anybody got any ideas on how to sort this out?

I've run into that several times myself doing daily dist-upgrades on my
work laptop.  (Yes, unstable is bad on a production machine, but I need X4
for the LCD screen, and the potato X4 packages weren't available at the
time.)  When apt dies like that, I copy and paste the file it was
complaining about into a command line like the following:

$ sudo dpkg -i --force-overwrite /var/cache/apt/archives/xlibs_4.0.1-12_i386.deb

Then run apt-get -f install, and continue with the apt-get dist-upgrade.
It's worked well so far for me.  :)

--
Bill Jonas                | "If you haven't gotten where you're going,
bill@billjonas.com        |  you aren't there yet." --George Carlin