Re: apt-get broken links

On Sat, Dec 16, 2000 at 08:35:50PM -0600, Bill Barnes wrote:
> Attached is a copy of my sources.list.

You might also consider adding:
deb http://security.debian.org potato/updates main contrib non-free
for security updates

> It seems that about every other time I do apt-get update that one or more
> sources will not connect.
> Is there another, more reliable list of sources?

I use the same url's as you, and I have no problems.  Try uncommenting the http
line and commenting out the ftp line.  If you have a slow connection, you may
be timing out attempting the login ot the server.  With http, you don't have
that delay.  It may also be that the ftp server is full when you try to connect
(unlikely).

-Rob