Re: mysql-server broken

Jens Gecius <jens@gecius.de> writes:

> Randy Edwards <redwards@golgotha.net> writes:
>
> > > Actually, the postinst doesn't go through and
> >
> >    I ran into that on my laptop.  I found that purging the package (make
> > sure you don't have it set to kill your databases!) and a clean reinstall
> > it would install perfectly.  Not a slick solution, but a working one...
>
> Tried that, too. Still segfaulting and postinst doesn't work.
>
> Which package did you purge? All with mysql in it or just
> mysql-server? (just tried mysql-server only).

Finally, I got it working.

Reinstalled all mysql-packages (yes, all), postinst still failed.
I then ran mysql_install_db after I manually created the
/var/lib/mysql/mysql with perm mysql.mysql. THEN I was able to run
mysql again (puhh). Oh, and before that, I had to comment skip-network
in /etc/mysql/my.conf.

Thanks for your help!

--
Tschoe,                    Get my gpg-public-key here
 Jens                     http://gecius.de/gpg-key.txt