Re: 2 linksys NICs

On Sat, Dec 16, 2000 at 02:22:24PM -0500, David Bellows wrote:

> I have the same card.  The tulip drivers that come with kernel don't
> work for me either and I tried several different kernel versions.  My
> Linksys actually came with a Linux driver floppy.  The driver was called
> tulip.  I compiled this driver and it works.  It is disappointing that
> the standard tulip driver from the kernel doesn't work on this tulip
> card (no fault of the kernel, the card maker probably screwed up).  If
> your card didn't come with the driver on a floppy then you can find the
> source at Linksys' site and compile it yourself (easy compile, obviously
> need kernel sources, etc.).  I'm not sure what to do about the second
> card, however the Linksys driver also comes with a pciscan module that
> might solve the problem.

    Actually, I went to the linksys site, and I followed their incorrect
instructions that don't quite lead you to all the headers you need, and I'm
getting a compile error from the latest tulip source.

    I got it from here:

ftp://ftp.scyld.com/pub/network/tulip.html

    along with the associated pci-scan.c/o and kern_compat.h, but I'm getting
a parse error from the code when I try to compile it.

    Do I have to do anything special to initialize two cards instead of one?

    Mike

--
Michael P. Soulier <msoulier@storm.ca>
of nerd-like effort."  -Harley Hahn, A Student's Guide to UNIX