Installing xserver-xfree86_4.0.1-11.deb fails...

Hi all,

I don't know, why I can't install this package on my debian (basicly potato and woody for kde2) and if it is a problem of my system or of the package?! All of the necessary and up-to-date packages are installed. On finally installing the xserver-xfree86 following error message appears:

Setting up xserver-xfree86 (4.0.1-11) ...
sh: -c: line 1: unexpected EOF while looking for matching `''
sh: -c: line 2: syntax error: unexpected end of file

After aborting with Ctrl+C this message appears:

subprocess post-installation script killed by signal
(Unterbrechung)

I've found out, that in /var/lib/dpkg/info/xserver-xfree86.config at this file is pointed.

# source debconf library
. /usr/share/debconf/confmodule

Up to line 13 of this file all appears alright, just to following statement:

exec /usr/share/debconf/frontend $0 $*

I think, that's the problem, but don't know, how to solve it.
If I execute this file in xterm following message comes up:

open2: exec of failed at /usr/lib/perl5/Debian/DebConf/ ConfModule.pm line 86

Any ideas, what can I do? Is this a bug or an error of my system?

Thanx in advance...
Thomas