Re: Kernel compiling on Debian

Is this part of "kernel-package" ?? I just looked at it in aptitude and it does appear so.

Reason I want to recompile is that vmlinuz is over 1mb in size, so it apparently has a lot compiled in, instead of modules. My older, customer kernels were usually less than 500k. I see on bootup, or via dmesg, that the kernel is looking for various devices that I don't have (mainly SCSI cards (??). I also can't get CD-Writing to work as it appears I can't get the "sr_mod" module loaded via "modconf". Any ideas there ??

Regards
Hall