Re: Signal 11 when using 'ps'

Chris Gray wrote:

	Thanks for helping Chris.

>     ec>         Athlon "Thunderbird" CPU, 1Ghz
>
> You lucky bastard.

	You don't want to know what a 1Ghz Athlon plus an Ultra160 SCSI drive
can do for kernel compiles!  By the time you're back from the kitchen
with a mug of coffee, its already done, kernel and modules, and you
haven't even taken a sip yet.  I sold my soul for this system.  :-)

>     ec>         This is an strace of console-apt which is also giving
>     ec> me sig11 errors (same place, same time, 100% consistent):
>
> Console-apt has bugs.  This is when you are resizing the window,
> right?  It's probably been fixed in CVS for a long time now and just
> not released.

	Yes, I forgot to mention that console-apt is printing "Window creation
assert failed" or something very close to that.

>     ec>         What should I do?  Would compiling ps with debug info
>     ec> and stepping through it help?  Should I try something else?
>
> Please do compile ps with debugging symbols and send a gdb backtrace.
> I'll have a look at the source and see if I can find the bug.  Also,
> send a bug report to the maintainers of procps, both upstream and
> Debian using the "bug" command.

	Ok, I'll get ps compiled with debugging info and try again.  I'll get
back to ya.  (This oughta be fun....)

--
It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong.  -- Voltaire