SBLive+CreativeSource==BadMixer?

I was just curious as to whether or not anyone has experienced this.
First of all I'm runny woody and 2.4-test9.  I like to use the source
from creative becuase it provides a few extra channels in the mixer
than the kernel source.  But anything after about 10-01-2000 presents a
strange problem in the mixer.  My card gets mis-identified as a PCI Tel
and the channels aren't correct.  Anyone come across a solution for the
current snapshots from creative?