Re: Porting applications to Debian

It would be best to have a <insert name here> system set up to test on, but if it runs on Unix and doesn't do anything that is system/implementation dependent it should work.

What they probably really mean is they would like you to create a Debian specific package they can install.  This simply means making the appropriate config file and then building the package (which would require a Debian system).

HTH,
-D