Network cards

I have seen network cards which plug into the serial or parallel port
(I forget which, now). Basically I want to connect a laptop to a
network (both of which are running Debian), and

a) there is no room to fit a card in inside; and
b) the PCMCIA slot seems to be bug^H^Hroken.

Does anyone have any experience of these types of cards under Debian,
can they even be made to work? I really don't know any other details
(like even who manufactures these beasts!), sorry, I've only just
started looking at it and thought I would ask if anyone else had
played with them before I got in too deep <grin>

--
Gary

Get your own FREE E-mail address at http://www.linuxfreemail.com
Linux FREE Mail is 100% FREE, 100% Linux, and 100% yours!