Re: SBLive working but something is missing

On Fri, Dec 15, 2000 at 12:15:46PM +0100, Kai Weber wrote:
> Hi,
>
> my sblive works well with Kernel >= 2.2.17. But I think, there shoul be
> some more devices for sound than /dev/dsp*? Sometimes I read errors in
> logfiles about missing /dev/sndstat or similiar. What does this mean and
> how can I get it working?
>
> $ cat /dev/sndstat
> cat: /dev/sndstat: No such device
> $ ls -l /dev/sndstat
> crw-rw----    1 root     audio     14,   6 Sep 30 09:50 /dev/sndstat
>
> I read some documentation but before reading all the rest I ask whether
> already a solutions exists...

    I'm using an SBLive Value!, and I would appear to have a /dev/sndstat.
/dev/mixer is also rather important if you want to change your volume.

    I don't know why they wouldn't be created, but the MAKEDEV script should
do the trick, no?

    Mike

--
Michael P. Soulier <msoulier@storm.ca>
of nerd-like effort."  -Harley Hahn, A Student's Guide to UNIX