Re: Redhat to Debian: migrating a multi-user server

On Thu, Dec 14, 2000 at 02:06:26PM -0800, B. Dragoo wrote:

:My questions, then, are these:  is there anything
:about this situation that will make Debian break?  Are
:there debianized packages that rely on having normal
:(i.e., non-system user)  uids above 1000?  Is there
:anything

I would be very comfortable with the transition, the only thing that
could break is if a package wanted to install an "application-user"
type netry with UID >500, don't think that's a worry and the worse
case there is the package install would barf (even assuming the
package config is too dumb to pick an alterate UID, which I doubt)

Infact in my NIS world the lowest "normal" UID is 203, don't know if
she's logged into any of the Debian boxen...

-Jon