Re: I'm Confused with SBLive!

>I tried to install the emu10k1 module from ALSA. Having any troubles with
>it, I deinstalled it. When I read that the final kernel (version 2.2.17)
>had these module in it, I download, compile and install it with the modules.
>But I can't use audio.

There is a debian package for kernel 2.2.18pre12 or something like that you can
download vs compiling your own kernel. It also has support for accelerated 3D
for XF4. Just in case you'd rather not compile a kernel.

>The kernel starts and don't install the module. When I use cat /proc/modules
>it's list all the modules loaded at the time. But no the this module. Try
>module is unused.
>
>I tried to many forms for solving this trouble. I read docs at many sites
>I've found and nothing. All refers at usr/src/linux/Documentation/sound for
>the specified card docs. But in the latest kernel hadn't included docs for
>it.

After I installed the packaged kernel, I loaded 3 or 4 modules, IIRC. Try
kernel module instead of ALSA, but, I don't do anything fancy (mp3s and CDs),
so, it works for me;)

Scott