Re: Anyone a script log in get mail?

>>>>> Jonathan Gift writes:

    jg> Hi,

    jg> I don't want to reinvent tehwheel, especially if someone has
    jg> done a really nice set of the best tires around... I have pon,
    jg> fetchmail, and mutt. Anyone have a shell script that ogs in,
    jg> starts fetchmail, waits until it's done, then calls poff?

This will work:

#!/bin/sh

# Start the connection
pon

# Wait until the connection is made
until ifconfig ppp0 2>/dev/null | grep "inet addr" > /dev/null;
        do sleep 1;
done;

# Get the mail and then poff.  Using ; is better than && because
# fetchmail exits with an error if it doesn't get any mail.
fetchmail -d0 > /dev/null ; poff

--
Chris