Re: mouse attention problem

is gpm running?

do you see any gpm messages in /var/log/messages?

do you see any wierd messages on the console that you started X from?

pete

On Thu 14 Dec 00, 11:22 AM, William Heindl said...

> I tried this on debian-laptop and got no response, so I'm trying
> here....
>

> I have a problem with the focus of my mouse.  Intermittently (maybe
> 10% of the time), the mouse focus fails to change to the new window
> I'm pointing at.   So, I aim at a new window, but my keystrokes come
> up in the last window I was typing in.  Sometimes it even seems like
> I'm trying to type on the desktop, as I get a warning beep at every
> keystroke.   Oddly, when this is happening I can still paste the mouse
> buffer into the desired window.
>
> This problem started a while back, but unfortunately I'm not sure what
> I changed.
>
> I'm running kernel 2.2.14 on an IBM 560Z Thinkpad.  I recently updated
> to xfree86 3.3.6-11potato, but this didn't fix things.  Also, I run
> olvwm, but I tried other window managers and that didn't help.  And,
> I am setup for input area select  by pointing and not clicking.
>
> Any ideas?  This is driving me crazy!
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Biff
>

> --
> Dr. William A. Heindl
> CASS/UCSD-0424       email: biff@ucsd.edu
> 9500 Gilman Dr.	     phone: (858)534-8016  fax: (858)534-2294
> La Jolla, CA 92093   www:   http://mamacass.ucsd.edu:8080/people/wheindl.html
>

> --

Just upgraded to Woody? Don't have permission to run X? In Xwrapper.config
Change allowed_users from root to console.
To err is human, to forgive is divine.      p@belial.ucdavis.edu       -
To oink is porcine, to meow is feline.    http://www.dirac.org/p      ._.
To neigh is equine to howl is lupine,                                 /v\
To moo is bovine to bleat is ovine.                                  // \\
GPG Fingerprint: B9F1 6CF3 47C4 7CD8 D33E 70A9 A3B9 1945 67EA 951D   rules