Re: Filenames

On Wed, Dec 13, 2000 at 11:47:54PM -0800, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> does xfstt need the filenames to be all lowercase?

No, it doesn't care.  Font names are not derived from the actual file
name.

> how about X's truetype font serving module?  does that need the file to be
> all lowercase?

I don't think so for this either (the fonts.dir and friends manage the
mapping of file names to font "resources").

I have several truetype fonts with all manner of strange names and they
worked fine under xfstt, and continue to work fine under X 4 with it's
xfs.

--
Eric G. Miller <egm2@jps.net>