using an Iomega parallet port tape drive

I have an Iomega parallel port drive model no. ditto easy 3200.  I have
added support into the kernel for parallel port devices, ftape, ztape,
etc.

When I try to write to the tape I receive the following message:

kerr:~# tar cf /dev/qft0 home
tar: /dev/qft0: Cannot open: Device not configured
kerr:~#

and the floppy disk drive inside of the computer spins.  Any suggestions
would be appreciated.

NOTE: Make sure you send a copy of this message directly to the list since
I don't currently subscribe to it.

John Kerr Anderson