Re: HT configure an IDE/ATAPI ZIP drive?

    Criggie> At 12:09 AM 12/13/00 -0600, you wrote:
    >> Eric G . Miller wrote:
    >>> Think jazip or ziptool (seems not to be in woody) should work.
    >>> Don't know if jaztool (which is present in woody) works with
    >>> Zip drives.
    >> You need to compile scsi emulation into your kernel.  So under
    >> Block Devices say yes to "SCSI EMulation Support"

    Criggie> Rubbish - all you need is IDE Removeable deviced or IDE
    Criggie> Floppy support.  Which the original poster must have
    Criggie> because he says "I can mount, read/write, and umount it"

    Criggie> I think all he wants is a way to press the eject button,
    Criggie> and cdtool.deb contains cdeject, which should do it.

    Criggie> cdeject -d /dev/hdc

You're right. I want to eject the disk, whether that's by hardware
button or software utility. Other features work fine. I've tried (in
configuring the kernel) IDE floppy, but I can find no option for "IDE
Removable." Where is that located.

I've also tried the "SCSI Emulation Support" suggested by Pascal, but
that didn't solve the problem either.

I've also tried (after enabling SCSI emulation) jazip suggested by
Eric, to no avail.

Both of these I tried before posting my question. But, I could be
missing a particular parameter to get this to work. Perhaps there's
one obvious switch to flip that was not so obvious to me, perhaps.

And lastly, I did apt-get install cdtool, and cdeject -d /dev/hdc
doesn't work, but rather yields this message:

cdeject: ioctl cdromeject

So no luck there either.

The odd thing, as I said, is that I had this working under another
distribution. And I'm quite sure that I didn't touch SCSI
support. But, anything's possible, and I'm open to suggestions.

Dan

--
Dan Griswold