Re: Can't log in after apt-get upgrade

Definitely a similar problem here.  Thanks to you and others for the ctl-atl-Fn trick.

My .gnome-errors says
/etc/gdm/Sessions//Gnome: checking /etc/login.defs for option UMASK
/etc/gdm/Sessions//Gnome: /etc/login.defs: "UMASK" is "022"
/etc/gdm/Sessions//Gnome: checking /etc/login.defs for option ULIMIT
/etc/gdm/Sessions//Gnome: checking /etc/login.defs for option MAIL_DIR
/etc/gdm/Sessions//Gnome: /etc/login.defs: "MAIL_DIR" is "/var/spool/mail"
/etc/gdm/Sessions//Gnome: using /etc/X11/Xsession.options for options
/etc/gdm/Sessions//Gnome: checking /etc/X11/Xsession.options for option allow-user-resources
/etc/gdm/Sessions//Gnome: checking /etc/X11/Xsession.options for option allow-user-modmap
/usr/bin/gnome-session: error in loading shared libraries: libgnomecanvaspixbuf.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

However, dpkg -S shows no packages owning the file.

This appears to be an error in Helix's gnome-session package.  I'll file a bug if I ever get my gui back!

I'm going to try the dist upgrade; I notice that gnome-session is one of the packages that operation would affect.