Re: Sound card interrupt problem (ESS ES1878)

Playing CD is different than playing other sounds.  The cd drive sends the audio
directly to the sound card with no software intervention.  (I had a cd playing
after the system had shutdown).

I have an ESS1869 that works just fine;  that is once I fixed the IRQ (or was it
the DMA channel?).  I had a horrible echo effect before I fixed it.

My modules.conf looks like this:

# sound card options (works!!)
# -- run 'sndconfig', select "ESS 1868"
# -- IO base 0x220, IRQ	5, DMA 1, MPU IO 0x330

# Sound modules dependencies:
# sound :		none
# sb :		uart401.0
# uart401 :	sound.0
# opl3 :		sound.0
# deps are listed in /lib/modules/2.2.16/modules.dep,
# deps are loaded automagically by insmod

# use the 'sb' sound driver
alias sound sb
options sb io=0x220 irq=5 dma=1 mpu_io=0x330

# after loading the sound (sb) module, load the midi (opl3) module
post-install sound /sbin/insmod opl3

# ??
post-install awe_wave /bin/sfxload /etc/midi/GU11-ROM.SF2

# the midi (opl3) module
alias midi opl3
options opl3 io=0x388

BTW, this is for RH7 (copied from my RH6.1 setup).  I don't think the distro
would matter here since it is at the kernel level

HTH,
-D