Re: Voodoo 3000 3d acceleration -- look ma, no non-debian-packaged files.

* Erik Steffl (steffl@bigfoot.com) wrote:
>   for X 4.0.1 you need very recent kernel, either one of the pre 2.4 or
> 2.2.18 (that would be 'pre' as well), the howto for this combination is
> at debianplanet.

Sorry if this mail comes twice, but my last mail didn't seem to reach the list.

Hi.

I have configured X 4.0.1 to use hardware gl on my Voodoo3 as described in the
howto at debianplanet, but there seems to be some kind of problem.

In windows i get 70fps running a timedemo in q3 normal, but in linux/XFree
4.0.1 I only get ~25 fps. Tthat is much better than using software rendering,
but it isn't at all what I had expected.

I don't know if that is because of my motherboard chipset (via apollo pro 133).
In windows I have some special agp-driver for that chipset.

The system is a P3 733, 128MB, Voodoo3 2000 agp, so 25fps seems very bad.

/ Joel

joel.stabis@home.se