Re: How to verify TrueType fonts are working?

In /etc/X11/XF86Config-4, under Section "Files", add FontPath "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/truetype".  Put your truetype font files (*.ttf) in this directory, making sure they are all lower case.  You can copy the files from W95 in the /windows/fonts directory, then make them all lower case.

You can find ttmkfdir at:
http://www.joerg-pommnitz.de/TrueType/ttmkfdir.tar.gz.
Uncompress and unzip it in a temporary directory.

Run the provided executable like so: ./ttmkfdir.linuxbin.glibc2 -d /usr/lib/X11/fonts/truetype -o /usr/lib/X11/fonts/fonts.dir

--- Hall Stevenson <hallstevenson@mindspring.com>