Re: Re: Further to CDROM prob.'s

Further to the dialog below I have investigated all the answers that I
have recieved and found that all are right (great, thanks) except the
answer below!  I am not sure I fully understand this one.

(gtcd (for X) and cdcd (tty) both use ioclt calls that my kernel/cdrom
like (not sure if it is kernel or cdrom that is creating the error, this
might require a philosphical answer?))

Anyway in reference to Bill's comments below please offer further help.
Is the kernel option that is being referenced a compile time (.config)
option or is it a boot time option that I would pass the kernel via
lilo? I have gone through the kernel compile configuration using "make
config", and "make xconfig" and can not find the option mentioned.

Thanks,
MTY