Re: scanning SCSI-bus on a running system

Joerg Johannes <liste_joerg@gmx.de> writes:

> Hi there
>
> I would like to get my scanner recognized when turned on at a runing
> system. I know I can do that on Win 98, so it should be possible to
> rescan the SCSI-Bus without "disturbing" any of the other devices. The
> only question is: How?

The drivers for (some?) SCSI cards support this.  I have a scanner
with device_ID=6 and use the command:
          "echo 'scsi add-single-device 0 0 6 0' >/proc/scsi/scsi"
The only documentation for this seems to be in the
SCSI-Programming-HOWTO and the scsi.c source file.
--
Carl Johnson		carlj@peak.org