Re: Going Debian: advice request

> but I´d like to have some packages in more bleeding-edge versions.
> Any problem about that? Should I install woody instead if I intend
> to use non-stable packages?

   Woody's definitely unstable.  You can install various items from
unstable into a potato system.  Whether you should go all woody or not
depends on whether the packages you want to install depend on a lot of
other dependencies.

   IMHO, if they don't, it's probably best to stick to a "basically potato
with a few woody packages installed" idea.  However, if they're something
that depend on a lot of other woody packages, it might be best to go with
a full woody install and roll with the punches.

--
 Regards,                | Need some help with Debian GNU/Linux?