[OT] PGP & GPG on the same system?

Hey all.

I'm attempting to get Mutt to properly deal with encryption. I have some old
pubring.pkr and secring.skr files that I created using the International version
of PGP 5 for Windows (I'm sorry, but I don't remember the exact version).

I've also created a new key for GPG.

When I try and sign something using my PGP key, I get the following errors:

$ pgps
No files specified.  Using stdin.

TYPE SOME TEST TEXT HERE.
Cannot find a private key for signing:
ASSERTION FAILED at pgpRngRead.c line 3284:
  (0) not true
ASSERTION FAILED at pgpRngRead.c line 3284:
  (0) not true
ASSERTION FAILED at pgpRngRead.c line 3284:
  (0) not true
ASSERTION FAILED at pgpRngRead.c line 3284:
  (0) not true
ASSERTION FAILED at pgpRngRead.c line 3284:
  (0) not true
ASSERTION FAILED at pgpRngRead.c line 3284:
  (0) not true
ASSERTION FAILED at pgpRngRead.c line 3284:
  (0) not true
ASSERTION FAILED at pgpRngRead.c line 3284:
  (0) not true

I also (unfortunately) suffered a hard-drive crash a while ago, and lost the
private key for an older PGP key that I had, so there are now 3 keys out there
for me.  The newest two (PGP 5 and GPG) both have expiry dates.

Where can I go to find information on fixing this mess? I'd like to have
encryption running, and I'd like to have only one key for all systems, if
possible. This stuff can be confusing enough, without me throwing 3 keys into
the mix for people who want to communicate with me to choose from.

If any more information is required please ask and it will be provided ASAP.
Thanks for any help!
Adam