Re: remote installing debian.

>>>>> Jonathan Gift writes:

    jg> Quick Q. I noticed after installing gnupg that creating a .gnupg
    jg> directory got rid of most of the msgs errors around gnup I was getting
    jg> on headers from certain people, like you. But there's one left:

    jg> gpg: Signature made Mon....
    jg> gpg: Can't check signature: public key not found

    jg> I assume the first is ok. The second? Or should there be nothing?

If you uncomment the keyserver line in your ~/.gnupg/options, mutt
should automatically download people's public keys that you don't
have.  Then you can verify if the signature on the mail actually comes
from the person who claims to have sent it.  Since you haven't meant
Karsten (for example) and seen his key "fingerprint", you can't
completely trust that the message was sent by him, but it's a good
indicator.

--
Chris