Re: autosetting time

On Friday 08 December 2000 20:07, John Hasler wrote:
> Robert Guthrie writes:
> > It [chrony] is not the most accurate, nor is it probably the best package
> > under most circumstances,...
>
> What do you think is wrong with it?

Nothing _wrong_ per-se.  Just not the most accurate time daemon, mostly
because it doesn't need to be for un-connected or intermittently connected
machines.  The README mentions possible 10's of millisecons of inaccuracies
over modem connection speeds.  It's my understanding that other time daemons
can give you accuracies much better than that.

The English language has too many nuances for the phrase above... "nor is it
probably the best package" was only ment to indicate that there is probably
at least one package that is better.  Of course "better" is a subjective
term.  For my case, chrony is "better".

--
Did you know that if you play a Windows 2000 cd backwards, you
will hear the voice of Satan?

That's nothing!  If you play it forward, it'll install Windows 2000.