Re: APOLOGY!!!! for my earlier posts about unsubscribing

Apology accepted my me...

--
Christopher W. Aiken, Scenery Hill, Pa, USA
chris at cwaiken dot com,   www.cwaiken.com

On Sun, 10 Dec 2000, Jim Kroger wrote:

->Dear Debian list:
->
->I recently, in unprecedented poor judgement, sent messages to the
->list about unsubscribing that were in extremely poor taste. I deeply
->and humbly apologize. I had been attempting to unsubscribe from the
->list for weeks. I had successfully unsubscribed from the GNOME, KDB,
->Yellowdog, and other lists, after subscribing for a few days to find
->out some things about LInux; but though I eventually sent several
->messages to the unsubscribe address for Debian, then sent mail to the
->address listed in the bottom for problems, and finally posted
->(politely) to the mailing list for help, I was still not contacted.
->This may be due to my filtering, although I had the same filtering
->set up for all those mailing lists and had no difficulties
->unsubscribing from them. I had become convinced that my messages WERE
->NOT reaching the list, and when I noticed again the 60-100 messages
->in my box, in frustration I fired off those unfortunate messages in a
->matter of seconds, thinking I was doing little more than talking to
->the wind. My god, had I thought they would arrive, with my signature
->and affiliations attached no less, I would never, never have sent
->them. In retrospect I certainly should have more carefully considered
->the possibility that in fact they might arrive despite how convinced
->I was to the contrary.
->
->Moreover, I'm aware of the role Debian has played in bringing Linux
->into the mainstream of computing, and have great respect for them,
->and have no desire to demean the people at Debian or those that
->support and use it.
->
->I hope you understand that I did not intend this, and hope that you
->will accept my humble apology for those messages.
->
->Jim Kroger
->_________________________________________________________
->James K. Kroger, Ph.D.
->Center for the Study of Brain, Mind, and Behavior
->Department of Psychology
->3-N-4D Green Hall
->Princeton University
->Princeton, NJ 08544-1010, USA