Re: debian-user-digest Digest V100 #794

Hello.

Here is the situation

i recently was give as a gift an IBM deskstar
I installed it on the third ide slot i have
My first ide slot is my first hard drive
My second ide slot is a cdrom
My second hard drive is is on the thrid ide
leaving my with one open ide

My mother board support htp336

THe Problem is that kernel 2.2 can recognize this second hard drive
However, when  i compile kernel 2.4, it works like a dream.

If anyone can help me understand this problem, i would appreciate it.

I have read the UDMA how to but its still not clear to me what
exactly i have to do.

the problem is that i want the second hard drive to be recognized in
kernel 2.2.

thanks