Re: Inappropriate postings: [kroger@Princeton.EDU: Re: OT: regular expression question]

Richard Cobbe wrote:

> Lo, on Friday, December 8, kmself@ix.netcom.com did write:
>
> > Dr. Kroger:
> >
> > Attached are several recent posts you've made to the debian-users
> > mailing list concerning the Debian GNU/Linux operating system
> > (http://www.debian.org/).  I think you'll find that instructions for
> > unsubscribing from the list are included, as well as a fallback address
> > for reaching a real live person, with a copy of these instructions
> > included in the signature line of each and every message posted,
>
> <SNIP>
>
> Just a brief note.  Based on recent discussion here (lots of "I can't
> unsubscribe!"  "Sure you can---just read the sig!"), it looks like people
> are not aware of the following:
>
>     The unsubscribe instructions are, in fact, NOT appended to the list
>     messages to someone who's subscribed to debian-user-digest.
>
> Just FYI.
>
> Richard

Since I  subscribe to debian-user not the digest, I wasn't aware of that. But,
even though it may be a good idea to add the instructions to the digest; I doubt
it would help with posters like our Princeton friend.

He claims to receive some 60 a day (there's a question as to his ability to
count.  ;-))  Are that many debian-user-digests posted?

He also claims to have followed the instructions at the bottom of the messages
(reading comprehension?  ability to follow instructions? )

He evidently has not tried going to the web site to unsubscribe. ( analytical
skills? )

Hopefully, we'll find out that someone else was using his computer;  because if
it really is him, it's frightening.

He's training young minds to think as he does!!!!

John