Re: Automated CPU-optimised-/cross-building of Debian-packages.

Leen Besselink <leen@wirehub.nl> wrote:
>Does anyone know how to do cross and/or CPU-optimised building of Debian
>packages, preferable with the Debian 'standardtools' ?

For cross-compiling, try the dpkg-cross package.

For optimized compiling, try the pentium-builder package (the name
notwithstanding, I don't think it's just for the i386 architecture).

>Normally when I build a debian package I do this:
>
>dpkg-source -x package-name-version.dsc
>cd package-name-version
>dpkg-buildpackage

'dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot' is good, if you install the fakeroot
package, since then you don't need to be root to build packages.