Re: DocBook -- stylesheets help?

On Sat, Dec 09, 2000 at 12:50:43AM -0800, kmself@ix.netcom.com wrote:
> I'm just starting to play with DocBook -- after fixing the tetex-extra
> bug (there's a patch posted to the jatex package in the buglist).  I was
> actually up an running in an hour or so, with Walsh's book and a few
> websites -- despite having not touched emacs for most of the past five
> years.
> The one thing I'm wondering about is stylesheets -- what's included in
> Debian, what's available elsewhere, and how do I specify a particular
> stylesheet when formatting a document?  And more importantly -- is there
> a way to preview the results of a particular stylesheet on typical
> output -- something like a Themes.org for stylesheets?  This would be
> very useful.

Debian has three sets of stylesheets (that I know of) for DocBook, they are
found in the docbook-stylesheets, cygnus-stylesheets, and sgmltools-2
packages. There is also a sgmltools package, but I think it's stylesheets
are for LinuxDoc. The ones in cygnus-stylesheets and sgmltools-2 both use
in the modular stylesheets from docbook-stylesheets. I don't know of any
others that are out there inside or outside of Debian, but if you hear
about any I would like to know also. I think each tool has a different way
of specifying which stylesheet to use, but I'm not sure. I never worried
about them before (I just used the default from db2pdf), but I recently
began using the <set> and <revhistory> tags and I have been trying to find
out more about stylesheets because I don't like the way the default
stylesheets handle those tags.

--
Harry Henry Gebel, ICQ# 76308382
West Dover Hundred, Delaware