Re: autosetting time

I actually use chrony, which is a good-enough solution for my wierd setup:

One machine (a tyan motherboard with a cyrix p150+) has a non-y2k compliant
bios, which sets the date to 198x every time it's rebooted.  I'm not
connected to the internet fulltime, so I have cronyd running on a 486 (which
IS y2k compliant... go figure), and when my cyrix machine reboots, it queries
the 486 in the boot sequence and resets the date to a fairly good date.  It's
not the most accurate, nor is it probably the best package under most
circumstances, but it has it's place.  Mostly, it was easy to set up my own
time server.

--
Did you know that if you play a Windows 2000 cd backwards, you
will hear the voice of Satan?

That's nothing!  If you play it forward, it'll install Windows 2000.