Re: how to load aic7xxx?

On Thu, Dec 07, 2000 at 05:37:40PM -0500, Ken Weingold wrote:
> Sorry for sort of asking the same question again, but I am trying to
> load the Debian 2.1 cdrom but it will not load aic7xxx.  I try from
> the boot prompt and then also from a prompt from within the install,
> but it says that it can't find aic7xxx, or aic7xxx=.no_.  Can anyone
> help me on this?  It's for an Adaptec 2930CU.

From the bootprompt you must first specify the image name to load
(typically linux) followed by any options.

Generally the rescue floppy kernel (which is what you get with the
CD-ROM as well AFAIK) already has the aic7xxx stuff built in.  Are you
sure the 2930 is AIC7xxx based?  I thought it was Buslogic or
something that Adaptec bought.

Micromuse Inc.                 | than a perfect plan tomorrow.