Re: apt: http vs. ftp?

Hi Jason

I never pretended to know anything, but I find your response
amusing, and your discussion and that of others enlightening. I
suspected that ftp might not be faster, but did not know why.

Nathan Norman suggests that HTTP 1.1 has enhancements that make it
faster than ftp, hence apt uses it in preference to ftp.

I still would like more discussion of this issue, some reasons why,
etc. Mostly for my enlightenment.

--David
David Teague, dbt@cs.wcu.edu
Debian GNU/Linux Because software support is free, timely,
                 useful, technically accurate, and friendly.