ipmask & firewall manual

    Hi,

I need some real help sorting out packet rules, ipmasking and firewalling.
I would like to find a manual that will break packets down to the basics and
help the student learn the most basics then bring them up to date with current
operations for masq and firewall. I have the howto's and man pages here, but
these are beyond my understanding - too much is assumed that the read should
already konw - yet this reader doesn't :|

Second - with help, I was able to get ipmasking and firewall up, but 2
programs I like to use don't work past the firewall - they are speakfreely
and gphone. I have these lines in my file now:
# Lines added for SpeakFreely v6.1b
#
ipmasqadm autofw -A -r udp 2074 2075 -c udp 2075

I found them on a web search but they are for the 2.0.36 kernel not 2.2.17 and
aren't working for me here. Help greatly appreciated.

regards
--

Jaye Inabnit, ARS ke6sls     e-mail: ke6sls@arrl.net