looking for SCSI Domex DMX 1391D driver

The Mustek SCSI scanner I use comes with a SCSI device called "Domex
DMX 1391D" which has a chip denoted as "DOMEX 536", sublined "9827".

I had a look at the scsi low level drivers in the kernel 2.2.17
xconfig app, some denoted with "53" at the beginning but non which
would really shout out -" take me"!  I didn't expect to find
"DOMEX_xxx" but some chip should be compatible to the one on the Domex
controler - assuming it would be to expensive to design one from the
ground up.

Any suggestions or help?

Robert