Re: Recipe for installng Tomcat on (Debian) Linux?

At 07:38 AM 12/07/2000 -0700, Ray Percival wrote:
Have you checked Woody? With many,but not all, packages it is really easy to just add unstable line to your apt sources run apt-get update and then grab the package take the line out run update again and you should be on your way. It has worked for me for a couple of packages that I just could not wait for.
-yes; not there.

There is one at:
 http://master.debian.org/~sgybas/tomcat

But it is 3.1, and I have had trouble getting it to run.
It had a dependency on IBM Java, but is incompatible with IBM JVM.

I may re-try it from a clean install, but after 4 iterations with it I still had problems..

Greg

Dr. Gregory Guthrie
gguthrie@mum.edu         (641)472-1125    Fax: -1103
       Computer Science Department
       School of Computing and Information Science
       Maharishi University of Management
      (Maharishi International University 1971-1995)
        http://www.mum.edu/cs_dept