Slow NFS-Directory

Hi there

One of my computers is configured as NFS-server for one user's home
directory on my other computer. The problem ist, that when this user
tries to eg. save a file from within emacs, it takes about 5-10 seconds
to write it (the file size is not the problem ~4kB). ftp works rather
fast between both computers (~900kB/s on 10 Mbit network card)
How can I speed NFS up a bit? It's not very funny being disturbed with a
10 second pause for auto-saving when writing texts...

thanks

joerg
--
Did you know that if you play a Windows 2000 cd backwards, you
will hear the voice of Satan?

That's nothing!  If you play it forward, it'll install Windows 2000.