Re: Xemacs 21.1 and Gnus 5.8.3

On Wed, Dec 06, 2000 at 09:31:34AM -0800, Willy Lee wrote:

> This is what I would try:
>
> If you have the ~/.newsrc and ~/.newsrc.eld files, you should delete
> the ~/#.newsrc.dribble# file (when Gnus is not running), then start
> Gnus again.  See if that works.

Essentially, that is what I tried.  I had no .newsrc of any kind, a
minimal .gnus with the following:

(setq gnus-select-method '(nntp "news.networksplus.net"))

and a minimal .emacs with a few key rebindings:

(global-set-key [delete] 'delete-char)
(global-set-key [home] 'beginning-of-line)
(global-set-key [end] 'end-of-line)

and Gnus read the entire active file from the ISP, I then selected one
group and exited Xemacs and saved .newsrc-dribble.  I then restarted
Xemacs and Gnus and get the same result as in my original message.

> If that doesn't work, you might try posting to comp.emacs.xemacs for
> more info/help.

Which would be nice with a working newsreader ;)  Guess Dejanews to the
rescue again...

- Nate >>

--
 Wireless | Amateur Radio Station N0NB          | "None can love freedom
 Internet | n0nb@networksplus.net               | heartily, but good