Re: apt: http vs. ftp?

  the overhead of the second (data) connection is close to zero,
considering the size of data apt transfers. and you only need to make
additional connection once for all files from/to given host (that of
course depends on application, the web browser probably opens separate
connection for each file).

  I am not sure about the data itself, there might be some error
detection there...

  I still don't see how is http 'better' in all cases, and I am not sure
about speed as well...

	erik