php4 status update

[ObUser - I don't read -user so replies please to debian-devel or to me]

Hi,
as many of you noticed php4 (and php3 probably also) is really busted
nowadays. It looks like it's the LFS[1], which was enabled in apache
1.3.12-2.1 and now in 1.3.14. I'll try to do something with this, but in the
mean time there is a non-LFS apache and php4 at
http://merlin.debian.net/php4/testing/ - non-aptable
NOTE - you have to recompile ALL modules you load into your apache (mod_perl
and mod-ssl come to my mind now).

Please report sucess/failure with this, co I can say, it's the LFS. Also note
that curl module seems a bit broken.

Thanks
				Petr Cech
[1] LFS - large file support (info libc)
--
Debian GNU/Linux maintainer - www.debian.{org,cz}
           cech@atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz

<_Anarchy_> telsa: rommable debian will be potato chips