Re: auto load root window image

ktb wrote:

>         I've got a command I run as a regular user that works just fine
>         from the command line but when I put it in my ~.xinitrc it
>         doesn't work the command is -
>         /usr/X11R6/bin/xsetbg  -onroot -at 0,0 /home/kent/img.jpg
>         The file also contains "fvwm" to load the window manager.
>
>         Permissions for .xinitrc -
>         -rwxr-xr-x    1 kent     kent          118 Dec  4 21:13 .xinitrc
>
>         Why isn't this working for me?
>         Thanks,
>         kent

If I understand you correctly, you're running fvwm and want to paint the root
window with your .jpg when you boot the window manager.

I use fvwm95, but I suspect it's basically the same. If so, the best place to
put that command (and others like it) is in the ~/.fvwm/post.hook file. You'll
probably have to create it if it's for a single user, but there should also be a
system wide post.hook in the main fvwm directory (/etc/X11/fvwm ??).  xli and xv
both work  well this way, so I suspect that xsetbg will also.

John